At ShopAround.com.au we are committed to achieving excellent customer service and making sure that you always find us helpful, courteous and professional.
All the pricing and product information in relation to home loans, credit cards, savings accounts, life insurance, trauma and disability insurance and travel insurance and all services in relation thereto are provided by our affiliate Rate Detective Pty Limited, ABN 47 127 196 712.
If you have a complaint in relation to any of these products please contact us.
We are bound to follow the Marketing Codes as set down by the Regulators in each state and have implemented our own Customer Service Charter to ensure that our high standards of customer service are continually met. Our Charter covers our conduct, staff training, contact with you, complaints handling, and disclosure and consent rules.
Below is a summary of our Customer Service Charter. To request a full copy of our Charter please contact us at customerservice@ShopAround.com.au. Links to the Marketing Codes of each state can be found on our regulators page.
ShopAround and its employees will adhere to the following principles:
- We will not engage in misleading, deceptive or unconscionable conduct whether by act or omission;
- We will not make false or misleading statements;
- We will use our best endeavours to ensure that any information and advice on our website, or given to you via phone or email, is truthful, relevant to your situation, includes all material facts and is not exaggerated;
- Where at all possible, we will ensure that all statements and explanations are in plain language and readily understood. Specifically, we will use words and images that promote your understanding of contracts;
- We will ensure that pricing information from our electricity and gas suppliers is clear and understandable, paying particular regard to inclusions and exclusions of rebates and/or concessions; and,
- We will not exert undue pressure, harass or coerce you.
The majority of our contact with you will be initiated by you via the internet or email. We will operate a customer helpdesk during business hours that will take queries via email and phone. We will not initiate contact with you over the phone unless you request us to call you.
Any contact with you will be ceased immediately at your request, and;
- You will be advised of our dispute resolution service.
- After contact is ceased at your request, your details will be placed on the “30 day no contact register” and you will not be contacted again via any medium for 30 days for the purposes of marketing.
Any newsletter distribution will include a hyperlink which will enable you to easily unsubscribe from the distribution. You will be sent a short email confirming your deletion from the mailing list and the ShopAround No Contact Register will be updated accordingly.
At any time you may request that you are not contacted at all. We will maintain a “No Contact Register” which shall include your name and address and, where relevant, your email address.
If requested you, we will confirm to you in writing that your details have been placed on the No Contact Register. Confirmation will be generated automatically if your request comes via the email newsletter unsubscribe service.
Complaints about contracts already in place with your retailer
If you have a complaint in respect of the operational aspects of a contract already in place with a retailer you should contact the retailer directly to attempt to resolve the complaint. If you cannot resolve the complaint directly with your retailer you can refer the matter to the State Ombudsman. Details of the Ombudsman in each state can be found on our regulators page.
Complaints about ShopAround
If you have a complaint in respect of ShopAround marketing procedures or with regard to a contract introduced by ShopAround and currently under negotiation with a retailer, you can register your complaint:
- Electronically via the helpdesk email address customerservice@ShopAround.com.au;
- Electronically via the website helpdesk query page;
- Via the ShopAround helpdesk phone number 1300 66 80 10; or,
- In writing to ShopAround, PO Box 313, Adamstown NSW 2289.
We will send written confirmation to you, via email or post confirming that your complaint has been received and that initial investigations will be concluded within 7 days of receipt of the complaint. You will also be provided with the name of the Customer Service Officer responsible for actioning the complaint and we will advise you of your rights to refer the matter to the applicable State Ombudsman or State Fair Trading or Consumer Affairs department
Within 7 days of the complaint being received by ShopAround, we will write or email you with the initial outcome of the investigation. If the complaint cannot be sufficiently resolved by ShopAround within 7 days, we will advise you that the complaint is unresolved and set a time period in which we will attempt to resolve the complaint. This time period shall be no more than 28 days after receipt of the complaint.
If the complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction within one month of receipt by us, we shall advise you of your right to pursue the matter with the Ombudsman and will provide you with the relevant Ombudsman’s contact details.